My coffee pot
is a burning bush;
when I wake up,
I fill my cup
with a Red Sea rush
of sacramental caffeine.
Then, I part it with cream.
Amen.
For the kick-off of a Poem A Day in April at Real Toads.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2014
(273)
-
▼
April
(29)
- Jonathan David
- Donald Sterling Talks To His Animals: A Found Poem
- The Unkissed Frog
- The Jester
- Fire At The Asylum For The Violently Insane, 1918
- Gwen
- Love Culture
- We Buy Junk
- Flash Fiction 55 Time!
- I Come From God
- Yellow Hair
- We Gathered Our Horrors
- Spidey Sense
- The Magician's Assistant
- Madonna In Oil
- If I Were To Meet You
- Two Seasons
- Hatching Spring
- Little Flowers
- Future's Gardener
- April
- Porch Light
- Her Scars
- All Skate
- Discovered
- Tramp Stamp
- On Becoming A Nightingale
- Trust Me
- Cream
-
▼
April
(29)
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
25 comments:
I love it!! Now I'll go part my sea with some cream and get on with my day!!! Have a fun one!
How appropriate .. I just now parted a sea!
Aaaahhh!
Great way to start the day.
I love your parting of the caffeine...
Nothing but nothing would keep me away from my first coffee of the morning keep the fire away from me;)
OMG, jaw-dropping, wickedly good! Parting it with the cream is perfect!
another brilliant piece..so enjoyed each word...
I like this!
I too sail those seas. :o) I never met-a-phor I didn't like, but yours are especially delightful!
Shot of hi-octane caffeine is a good start to the long haul.
You make me laugh and nod here...yes, coffee is indeed a sacred ritual in the morning.
Thank you for the challenge!
Oh, that red road-fun to read Mama Zen-you got us off to a great start!
Nice parting, M.Zee, for the cream lovers. I like to taste the coffee. So, mine is black, brought to me by Mrs. Jim if I'm not up by 8:00 AM.
..
Cool! Straight from the first message to the fulfillment of the task! Coffee now clarifies the ?Bible. Love it!
I love the simplicity and lyrical rhythm of this.
A poem a day! That's a lot of creating.
The parting of the Java! Ha ha
Holy Holy Holy/Coffee Bean Almighty...even I can accept this sacred sacrament, especially when served so hot and sweet.
Ode to the modern urn...
Amen....
Amen....
Amen....
See, I really meant it
AMEN! ~
Ha. Sounds pretty great. K.
Post a Comment