Discovered God in the mirror.
Discovered I liked it.
Discovered the world in my pores.
Discovered fault lines in my face.
Discovered the beast is a blade.
Discovered the beauty of bone.
Discovered the beginning is silence.
Discovered the end is a scream out of reach.
For Grace's mirror prompt at Real Toads
Blog Archive
-
▼
2014
(273)
-
▼
April
(29)
- Jonathan David
- Donald Sterling Talks To His Animals: A Found Poem
- The Unkissed Frog
- The Jester
- Fire At The Asylum For The Violently Insane, 1918
- Gwen
- Love Culture
- We Buy Junk
- Flash Fiction 55 Time!
- I Come From God
- Yellow Hair
- We Gathered Our Horrors
- Spidey Sense
- The Magician's Assistant
- Madonna In Oil
- If I Were To Meet You
- Two Seasons
- Hatching Spring
- Little Flowers
- Future's Gardener
- April
- Porch Light
- Her Scars
- All Skate
- Discovered
- Tramp Stamp
- On Becoming A Nightingale
- Trust Me
- Cream
-
▼
April
(29)
Saturday, April 5, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
17 comments:
Discovered that every line drawn
is terrific ~
Thanks for linking up MZ & wishing you happy weekend ~
a wonderful uplifting celebration of self
much love...
The world in your face...powerful metaphor.
love the contrasts, a pure mirror
quality...
This builds line by line to the frightening climax.
Awesome piece.
Each pair of line with contrasts.. escalating to the that chilling end.. or maybe as long as the shriek is out of reach we are not at the end yet....
With each line a contrast in the reflection...the end is scary but one we all face
Mesmerizing poem..
enjoyed every word and line...
Peace
Siggi
All I can say, if I hadn't said it before a million times, is: I wish I had written this.
Beautiful.
<3
Discovered I can see you more clearly! Wonderfully done
You can do incredible things with just 8 lines...
Powerful work here Mama Zen...you always astound me with your depth in brevity. So much here....sigh.
Quite terrifying but terrific. It feels like someone getting over self- cutting-- not so easy I think--or maybe they don't get over it, but I felt that the "out of reachness" of the scream might actually be powerful here. K.
This feels like a progression, to me; from self admiration to self-negation. It's hard to read because letting the devils out by blood and primal scream is intense and scary stuff.
I have survived because of the silence now...I am shouting so loud, \I hope to explode
From soothing to … I suppose as we age there is less to like, yet - I find I'm not as judgmental as I used to be. Wow - leaves me chilled - …trying to ponder a scream out of reach. It feels a bit like drowning to me (if that makes any sense)
rather chilling closure ~
Post a Comment