Send me a letter with a tramp stamp.
Unzip coded and still damp
from the wicked wet of your ca-lick-graphy.
Address it to your favorite part of me.
Scratch me a salutation.
Put your nails in my coffin of temptation.
Shroud me in stationery sheets.
Bury me beneath your scarlet ink.
Then, sign it with the shape of your lips
and seal it with a candle wax kiss.
Rain, snow, sleet, or hail,
I'll be checking twice a day for the mail.
Some Postmark Poetry for Fireblossom's prompt at Real Toads
Blog Archive
-
▼
2014
(273)
-
▼
April
(29)
- Jonathan David
- Donald Sterling Talks To His Animals: A Found Poem
- The Unkissed Frog
- The Jester
- Fire At The Asylum For The Violently Insane, 1918
- Gwen
- Love Culture
- We Buy Junk
- Flash Fiction 55 Time!
- I Come From God
- Yellow Hair
- We Gathered Our Horrors
- Spidey Sense
- The Magician's Assistant
- Madonna In Oil
- If I Were To Meet You
- Two Seasons
- Hatching Spring
- Little Flowers
- Future's Gardener
- April
- Porch Light
- Her Scars
- All Skate
- Discovered
- Tramp Stamp
- On Becoming A Nightingale
- Trust Me
- Cream
-
▼
April
(29)
Friday, April 4, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
22 comments:
Can I sign up for this mail order too!
Deliciously wicked, and so darn clever.
I totally agree with Kerry!! Deliciously wicked indeed! I love it!
Lick-a-licious! Wow.
'Address it to your favorite part of me.'..hmm.. :D
This hot note sizzles! I am blushing now-lol.
This hot note sizzles! I am blushing now-lol.
You write with a wickedly clever pen, my friend. Loved this!
Here's to candle wax kisses!
two dozen forever stamps, please ~
Go ahead and send this letter on to the others, I delight in reading it publicly here in this poem. I'll read it twice a day ...
Love this wickedly delightful poem!
The rhyme is just excellent in this, and I don't know how you did it, but this poem has a 'look,' that is, I can see one from narrator to recipient, as clear as the written words. Way to ace the prompt.
Ooo la la! Perfect!
Oh my...now that is steamy mail. Love it!!
absolutely fantastic!
absolutely fantastic!
hm I love this as much as I love getting surprise mail with wonderful little shapes , ah but you rock Mama Zen
This is awesome, smiling so big after reading this.
Excellent and totally yummy write.
Anna :o]
Wow, MZ, you never disappoint, no matter what the prompt. Brought back a memory or two from the days of stamps, before zip codes existed.
K
I had to come back and read it again!
How do you do it, just breath in and sheer perfection flows… I adore this s"lick" poem. :)
Post a Comment