Indian Summer dissolve
peyote sun
upon my tongue;
get me high
on jumbled sound
and appetite.
Signal sigh
me soft inside
your compass point.
Lullaby
till your southern star
is mine.
Bring me bones and bells and bliss.
Bring me blue and God's last kiss.
Tire me of you.
Tire me twice of this.
Some Sunday Whirl words for Open Link Monday at Real Toads
Blog Archive
-
▼
2014
(273)
-
▼
August
(27)
- Mother River
- Hiway 9
- Hundred Mile Wild
- First Trip To The Beach
- Stoplight
- Baby Me
- Directions For A Photo Album
- Fecundity
- Unfolding
- 8 Shades Of White Girl
- Class Of
- Jane Q. Poet
- Constellations
- A Very American Sentence
- The Rancher's Widow Hires A Hand
- Husk
- Bastet
- Where I Am Not
- Where Night Falls
- Alas . . .
- Never Was
- Shadows
- Friend Fishing
- Indian Summer
- Orbit
- Sundial
- Ishmael And Isaac
-
▼
August
(27)
Monday, August 4, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
24 comments:
Ooh, I love the ending. From "lullaby" down is particularly intriguing.
Appreciated this for the clean and spare of its architecture, while floating on its rich imagery, Mama Zen. Felt like I was reading dessert and going for another last forkful before setting my utensil down.
a tasty morsel and "Gods last kiss"
surely must have been saving the best for last
have a nice Monday
much love...
There is a perceptible melody that runs through these words - the sound of summertime dwindling in lazy days.
"Tire me twice..." and call me dreamy. I like this!
"tire me twice of this".....wowzers! Cool poem, MZ. With a bit of the indolence of summer, well captured.
signal sigh
me soft inside
enchanting..and love the line break after...how it pulls us on to the rest of the line...you do that a few time sin this which opens it up a bit...i like.
This reads like an incantation. I love the idea of the sun dissolving like peyote on the tongue. The sun does cause me to trip/see colors.
Nice trip!
"Bring me bones and bells and bliss.
Bring me blue and God's last kiss.
Tire me of you.
Tire me twice of this." - My favourite lines.
You always own these poems about late summer/fall. This is no exception.
Your poems are always so sensual and full of suggestion. Beautiful.
...or maybe I have a dirty mind!
Always a fan of brevity, I really like this piece. Not waste or extravagance, just clean, tight writing that spikes the dart in board's center.
sensuous and alluring ~
Like it, M.Zee. Not everything I understand but my imagination had fun. My lines too are.
"Tire me of you. Tire me twice of this." Spoiled brat, tired of peyote. ???
..
God you're so good MZ. You take a turn of weather and make it into a yearning blues song. Home run.
drooling over this one - it is a feast
*** k.
Oh! I love this one. There is such a lullaby gait to it... all the soft rhymes, which I love.
"Signal sigh me soft inside", and the ending-those last four lines made me sigh.
Love this poem....I wait for summer, in the winter, but before it is over, I grow tired of it, and long for cooler days.
Quite a journey.
You seasoned this sexy.
ooohhh, i LOVE this. i feel like i live in this poem, or i'd like to.
Post a Comment