I've left my little girl unchurched, but we pray
everyday
at the corner of 24th and Main -
a stoplight prayer
for God's grace
and a green light.
For Words Count at Real Toads
Blog Archive
-
▼
2014
(273)
-
▼
August
(27)
- Mother River
- Hiway 9
- Hundred Mile Wild
- First Trip To The Beach
- Stoplight
- Baby Me
- Directions For A Photo Album
- Fecundity
- Unfolding
- 8 Shades Of White Girl
- Class Of
- Jane Q. Poet
- Constellations
- A Very American Sentence
- The Rancher's Widow Hires A Hand
- Husk
- Bastet
- Where I Am Not
- Where Night Falls
- Alas . . .
- Never Was
- Shadows
- Friend Fishing
- Indian Summer
- Orbit
- Sundial
- Ishmael And Isaac
-
▼
August
(27)
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
18 comments:
Makes perfect sense to me.
Unchurched and lacking spiritual connection are two VERY different things. You're verifying that. And who doesn't pray for a quicker green light?
I know those stoplight prayers - cool write, MZ. I love it.
But, but ... Mommy, the light will change whether we pray or not! Those are the best prayers.
"Unchurched". Love that MZ word.
Just love this… and I agree "unchurched" is not necessarily a bad thing. Mine wish they were at times, I suppose. :)
…and for now, my college ones are… ;P
Precious in a wonderful weird way!
Spiritually real. Now step on it. The light just changed. Amén.
I really like the assonance at the ends of most of your lines.
This sooo nice, Mom. I would say cute too, except it is a serious matter. Aren't you glad for the stop lights and the stoplight prayer idea. I am thinking the idea was a revelation to you. Not 'weird' to me. Different, yes.
I didn't ever go to church until the 5th or 6th grade. Mom said she would not go without her husband. I feel that Dad had some sort revelation. He and the rest of us went every Sunday until I left home for college. Then I quit until I started going with my to be first wife.
..
Unchurched...I like that. I wish I had left my girls unchurched..long, painful story. Great write!
prayers for safety.
We need our charms and spells, or the dark becomes something we just can't handle. Thanks for a great challenge, MZ.
Come and write me a poem.
Brand-New Word List Here:
http://herthursday.blogspot.com/2014/08/word-list-laryngotracheobronchitis-aka.html
Well, I lived for thirty years in Manhattan, so understood! k.
I pray to parking angels. that's about the limit of my pantheon ~
The best kinds of prayer - true to Life. ♥
Post a Comment