Blog Archive
-
▼
2014
(273)
-
▼
August
(27)
- Mother River
- Hiway 9
- Hundred Mile Wild
- First Trip To The Beach
- Stoplight
- Baby Me
- Directions For A Photo Album
- Fecundity
- Unfolding
- 8 Shades Of White Girl
- Class Of
- Jane Q. Poet
- Constellations
- A Very American Sentence
- The Rancher's Widow Hires A Hand
- Husk
- Bastet
- Where I Am Not
- Where Night Falls
- Alas . . .
- Never Was
- Shadows
- Friend Fishing
- Indian Summer
- Orbit
- Sundial
- Ishmael And Isaac
-
▼
August
(27)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor

24 comments:
Love it, MZ.
I could feel the heat!
Ditto Shay and Gail!!
Good statement, and sharp clarity.
very sharp and hot.
Another excellent poetic observation!
Ha HA! Hot personification.
aha!! missing some of the "naughtier" days here !! are we?! :)
:o) I detest dog days, but adore your poem!
:o) I detest dog days, but adore your poem!
Hot and tense. Love it.
I went back and counted the words.
Twenty?
Yikes!
I adore it, as always...
Great opening line - draws you in.
Ah those dog days!! Ugh!! Great one as always, MZ!
Ah, the dog days... where you either jump or crawl.
even on the left coast it's muggy, with what passes for rain spitting dots on the cars. dog days, indeed ~
Hang in there , Florence !
Maybe the 'other' girls should create bigger better fences..best still knock em down and explore the whole world!
Great post! Love the clarity.
~Jen
Oh those dog days...although this summer isn't so bad...
It's winter in Australia but I'm feeling the heat with your Magpie..steamy!
Wonderful. k .
Dreamy little piece! I'm loving the heat, every blazing second of it- storing up for old man winter!
A deep orbit indeed...love this!
Post a Comment