Life is a lot like
a government fuck
ponderous and taxing
as unbroken blank verse
swallowing the page
and eating your eyes
blind to the random
rhyme of miracles.
For Open Link Monday at Real Toads
Blog Archive
-
▼
2014
(273)
-
▼
June
(21)
- Love Angry
- Can't
- Goodbye Mandolin
- Night Owl
- I Didn't Know I Was Brave
- Judge Me
- Made In China
- Slingshot Song
- Third Dream Of The Fox
- Sonnets
- One
- Star Spite
- All You Need To Know About Your Woman - A Found Poem
- Factory Fumes
- Comanche
- Letter Home
- The Bookstore
- Cage Wide Open
- Yesterday
- Life Is
- Show And Tell
-
▼
June
(21)
Monday, June 2, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
13 comments:
Each time I read your poetry, I am struck dumb again by the sheer scope of your vision. That is not something that can be learnt.
The first two lines could stand alone.
They.
Are.
That.
Powerful
(and, sadly, true).
No one says it better, MZ! Powerful indeed! Hope you have a great week!
"blind to the random rhyme of miracles".....love it.
ain't that the truth. thank you!
you are a courages writer with truth seeping out of your pores.
if i wrote such truth, i would probably have i.c.e. knocking at my door even though i'm a naturalized citizen.
Nothing more ponderous than 'unbroken blank verse...eating your eyes..." --self-indulgent spew, in most cases. Thanks for always being succinct, and non-governmentally spot-on.
. . . what Kerry said! Each time I visit here I'm blown away. :)
Oh cheer the fuck up already, MZ. Uni says so.
haha...the government bit is brilliance, but ya know, i couldn't agree more! good write.
stacy lynn mar
http://warningthestars.blogspot.com/
bam ~
oh yeah that's life but what comes after that; pure love
Ah, may we not be blind to the random rhyme of miracles.
Post a Comment