Blog Archive

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Slingshot Song

I'm a bird
feathered wrong.
I won't fly long.
I won't fly long.

I sing
a slingshot song.
Soon, I'll be gone.
I won't fly long.

6 comments:

Susan said...

She sounds relieved herself as well as reassuring to others. I have heard arrows sing other songs, so thank you for this one.

Brian Miller said...

slingshot songs are probably the wrong thing to be singing if you are a bird....nice use of repetition in this mz...

Kerry O'Connor said...

Haunting!

Helen said...

Translates to all creatures, human and animal. Nice!

Sylvia K said...

I do agree with Helen, MZ, and haunting it is indeed!

Fireblossom said...

It's not how long you fly, it's how high, birdy.

About Me

My photo
Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor