Unfolded wings, feathers
tattered and gold tipped
The factory fumes shrivel
my still breathing lungs
That bloody machine whos
crank I have pulled so many
times, only my last shreds of sanity
holding me back.
It's the device that takes the
colors from the youth of our
misinformed society
My once white hooves stained by
the blood and tears
of the taken who I have
captured and hurt by the
wish of my superiors
I heard the tones of
the writhing, dying souls and
the broken spirits
and when I try to sleep,
I can still hear it
So I sing my song like
the Pied Piper, I lure the
children like mice
Now I sing my sorrowful
tune
of the Pegasus Device.
A poem by ten year old Baby Puppy.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2014
(273)
-
▼
June
(21)
- Love Angry
- Can't
- Goodbye Mandolin
- Night Owl
- I Didn't Know I Was Brave
- Judge Me
- Made In China
- Slingshot Song
- Third Dream Of The Fox
- Sonnets
- One
- Star Spite
- All You Need To Know About Your Woman - A Found Poem
- Factory Fumes
- Comanche
- Letter Home
- The Bookstore
- Cage Wide Open
- Yesterday
- Life Is
- Show And Tell
-
▼
June
(21)
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
8 comments:
I think you have another writer in the family, MZ!! This is terrific!! Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing!
This is very impressive! Well done.
Brava, Baby Puppy!!!
from the mouths of babes... ~
Omg WOW! I was stunned when I saw that this was Baby Puppy's work! (though I shouldn't have been...she's remarkable.)
The Pegasus Device is creepy and disturbing--too much for me, I'm afraid--but this poem captures the price to be paid in luring pegasi into it. It's dark, it's thought-provoking, and it carries a cautionary message. Awfully good, Baby Puppy!
I see I missed a lot growing up without knowing of the Pegasus Device! What horrors! And a great poem, no matter what age the writer. To know and tell that using the device hurts our lungs too, and all for rainbows and glitter.
Baby Puppy wrote this? Ten years old?
Let me see, I started blogging in 2008 and I found your blog then, 6 years ago, more or less. She was 4? You see, I can count. ;) I'm so totally blown away!
Just wonderful, Baby Puppy! :))
So well done Baby Puppy. Much impressed!
Anna :o]
Post a Comment