Courage.
Enchantment.
Permission
to work magic.
Persistence!
You have it -
divinity.
Sort of found poem from the table of contents of Elizabeth Gilbert's Big Magic. For The Tuesday Platform at Real Toads.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2016
(170)
-
▼
March
(19)
- Rob The Cat Box
- This Do
- Act
- Loose Head Hammer
- Best Friends
- Climate Change
- Baby, I'd Rather
- Summer Reading
- After Reading Wallace Stevens
- Shake A Spear
- Let's Hold Hands
- Forehead Crawler
- Dandelion Theology
- Unfamiliar Loves
- Broken Carousel
- ESP
- A Girls Florilegium* Of Necessary Numbers
- Centrifugal Shake
- Content(s)
-
▼
March
(19)
Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
11 comments:
Such a novel approach... (Oops.. I didn't intend the pun)
I just finished reading it too. Love your poem.
Often the talent is in seeing what others have not. Wonderful poem.
This is so imaginative ... now I will have to search the indexes of books...
Yes! Don't forget that divinity...
Love the last two lines. ♥
Simple lines that feel like a battle song. I really like this.
I especially love the line, "Permission to work magic."
How many words was this? Eleven? Yowza!
I love this poem.
Especially "Permission (purr mission) to work magic."
And the end, the divinity, makes me think of my grandmother and making candy. I'm the divinity-maker in our family, but my grandma was the one for whom I started making it. She made everything else homemade, but that was the one thing she bought from the grocery store, at Christmastime, of course.
I suspect that what you found is what you read for.
"Permission to work magic" ... you always do!
Post a Comment