turn
and turn to salt for turning
than wander wondering
what I've left burning.
For The Tuesday Platform at Real Toads
Blog Archive
-
▼
2016
(170)
-
▼
March
(19)
- Rob The Cat Box
- This Do
- Act
- Loose Head Hammer
- Best Friends
- Climate Change
- Baby, I'd Rather
- Summer Reading
- After Reading Wallace Stevens
- Shake A Spear
- Let's Hold Hands
- Forehead Crawler
- Dandelion Theology
- Unfamiliar Loves
- Broken Carousel
- ESP
- A Girls Florilegium* Of Necessary Numbers
- Centrifugal Shake
- Content(s)
-
▼
March
(19)
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
15 comments:
throwing salt - to ward off treachery and lies?
That's how I read the poem - You always such powerful stuff with so little words - and I admire that.
What a voice you have given to a latter day Lot's wife... I can relate.
Of course. Lot's wife. I have always sympathized with her
I've actually turned to see what was left burning as we had to evacuate town once for fear that a tanker was going to blow. I didn't turn to salt with my babies in the car with me, and we did get to return home. Nice rhyming here, almost like a nursery rhyme we should teach our kids.
Amen.
Theology and philosophy should always be this pithy.
A succinct zinger, at which you excel.
MZ--I love how the title seques into the poem. I'd say this was short and sweet, but your pieces are never syrupy sweet.
Perfect.
A perfect perspective-
This poem's got a lot going for it . Very clever - burn, baby, burn.
I love it when you mix the biblical and the...not.
Better proverbs than lamentations.
Lot's wife, she turned to salt; yeah but that was longgggg ago
Much love...
Simple and to the point. So that's how she felt, I always wondered.
Post a Comment