Loose head hammer
lost its taste for nails
and rusted
broken claw
afraid
of wood and walls
heft
half-remembered
a hollow sound
hand
half-hallowed
a ghost
buried in leaves
by the backyard fence
loose head hammer
lost
A bit of Poetry of the Ordinary for Play it Again at Real Toads
Blog Archive
-
▼
2016
(170)
-
▼
March
(19)
- Rob The Cat Box
- This Do
- Act
- Loose Head Hammer
- Best Friends
- Climate Change
- Baby, I'd Rather
- Summer Reading
- After Reading Wallace Stevens
- Shake A Spear
- Let's Hold Hands
- Forehead Crawler
- Dandelion Theology
- Unfamiliar Loves
- Broken Carousel
- ESP
- A Girls Florilegium* Of Necessary Numbers
- Centrifugal Shake
- Content(s)
-
▼
March
(19)
Saturday, March 26, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
11 comments:
Way to make the ordinary not be. I love the way the words you've chosen sound, and how they fit together with each other, abandoned building tools notwithstanding!
Well, you've certainly turned the ordinary into poetry!
Lovely alliteration here, and the saw having "lost its taste" is an excellent reworking of an overused tool. This is very clever, nice take on the prompt. Amy
Terrific. Just terrific
Ha. Lovely. (Too many loose head hammers go wandering around though, I fear, and with guns.) k.
You reveal that poetry resides in the small, unnoticed things. Such an excellent choice of words.
Small things can be so pleasant.
We always have a little (or big to us) thing that's lost, don't we, MZee? Mine us usually buried under some other stuff that I don't consider to be lost. Great write.
p.s. There may be a problem reading mine with an iPad, it do here. Seems the next to last picture has a problem, I'm going to repost it now.
..
I did this one too. Love where you took it. There are so many things that lose their function and way.
The poetry of a hammer...Creative! Love it!
How do you do it? Day after day. Is Genius tiring? :)
Post a Comment