It was like a scene from Shake A Spear
in the parking lot
when the text just disappears
and the actors choose a plot
from the deck of dying clouds -
I saw him.
He was naked,
but for skin.
His hands were smooth and fine
working welcome on my back.
Loosening my spines,
exposing evolution's lack
of planning
for an archetype's
understanding
of fucking, fire, and fear.
And our need to carve the cave wall - we were here.
For Izy's prompt at Real Toads. Please forgive my absence, guys; I've been waaay under the weather.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2016
(170)
-
▼
March
(19)
- Rob The Cat Box
- This Do
- Act
- Loose Head Hammer
- Best Friends
- Climate Change
- Baby, I'd Rather
- Summer Reading
- After Reading Wallace Stevens
- Shake A Spear
- Let's Hold Hands
- Forehead Crawler
- Dandelion Theology
- Unfamiliar Loves
- Broken Carousel
- ESP
- A Girls Florilegium* Of Necessary Numbers
- Centrifugal Shake
- Content(s)
-
▼
March
(19)
Thursday, March 17, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
17 comments:
SO glad you're feeling better. (Selfishly, too, because I freakin' LOVE this piece!)
"the actors choose a plot/from the deck of dying clouds"
Fantastic. And that last line. Whew.
"deck of dying clouds" a lovely surprise image
much love...
This is pretty wild! Love it. Be better dear Mama.
And so, some of us write poetry. ;-)
So cool--wonderful. glad you are feeling better k.
Wowzers from the cradle to the cave....this is very cool. I love where this challenge took you...for fucking, fire and fear. Rock on!
Hope you're feeling better, kiddo.....love your poem.
You rocked this! I adore your closing.
Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well...it's been that way around here, too. Sigh...
Exceptionally good. I love the touch of Shakespeare and a hint of the bizarre and yet it still reads like a love poem. My favourite kind of poem.
Again, you're a master at wedding all the aspects of your poetry - tone, imagery, rhythm - and creating something amazing.
From cave to parking-lots nothing has really changed... still we are simian at heart. Wonderful choice of blend.
Echoing shay, this is why I must create - to prove I was here, just as all of creation proves that God is here. You know. Glad you're feeling better.
"And our need to carve the cave wall - we were here" I think that is why I write and post poetry. Great poem! Sorry you have been under the weather..May each day find you better.
So sorry you've been ill. I pray you're better soon. Fabulous poem, sweet MZ!!! xo
I KNEW you would rock this prompt. I'm so not cool... came up with nothing ( so far)...
I'm probably not doing this one – but sure enjoyed reading yours!
I like the idea of carving on the cave wall. So good!
Post a Comment