My green grass summers
are but brown grass memories
as my days shorten.
For Haiku Heights and dVerse
Sunday, August 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
25 comments:
Amen!! Mine, too!!
And sometimes the grass gets so dry, it just blows away...
least that means less mowing you know...smiles...actually this is very emotive...nice mz
i need new/more words to describe your poetry, MZ ~ this is stunning!
♥
sadness swinging in this...wonderfully captured in such few words mz
Touching haiku...nicely penned..
This I can totally relate ... Good to visit Mama Zen!!!
Haiku Heights
A beautiful sadness...sigh...
Thank you.
heartfelt sentiment
sad to see the light leave, but will be happy for the heat to break
What better way to convey a season like summer than with the Haiku, such a natural form of poetry. As always, your use of Haiku is always the utmost pleasure to read. Thanks
Here too...but yesterday we had some torrential rain. Sigh, a bit late to help the farmers who really suffered in this area this year.
Brown grass is better than no grass on barefoot memories.
Rick
Robert Browning wrote passionately about "the last of life, for which the first was made". Or, as George Harrison sang, "sunrise doesn't last all morning." I think that, the shorter the days, the sharper and more compelling they can be. When we're "green", we think we have forever; when we realize we don't, it can be a blessing, albeit a difficult one. Ask any race horse...it's the last quarter turn that counts.
I'm kind of doing it the other way round: with the shortening of the days, my brown grass summers now all too often give way to green grass memories! But I know what you mean and this is nicely done.
Nature is a never-failing mirror, and this reflection rings sharp and true. OTOH, no matter how old you get, you can still feel the rain, and tend the seeds.
short but good :)
ha...do you live in my neighborhood? (smiles)
Yes. Well put and so wonderfully distilled. k.
Lovely, but sad. I know you have some green grass memories in there. Those are the ones to cherish.
Lovely haiku MZ ~
aw. Too bad. On the literate level, it simply sounds true, but on a figurative/symbolic level, I've got to wish you a better fall and winter. Strong Haiku!
Lovely!
Brilliant :)
Thank you
and
ouch.
Love, Mosk
Wow! I love the analogy in your haiku. Blessings!
Post a Comment