I keep my spiders in a jar
and my matches very far
from my gasoline.
I keep my redbirds out of sight
and let my blackbirds fly at night.
When they come back to me,
I ask them what to do with you.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(256)
-
▼
November
(22)
- Note To Self / Don't Forget The Milk
- Vaticide / Murder Of A Poet
- Miss D'Meanor
- Eccentricities
- Paradise Says
- Rosie
- Pinwheel Dress
- In Trade
- Post Its
- Gentle Reader
- Camera Eyes
- Thanking A Veteran
- Etude / My Daughter's Recorder
- When He's Gone
- Untamed
- What She's Gonna Do
- All That's Left
- Texting
- Just Beneath The Skin
- Pictures
- Just Friends
- Places
-
▼
November
(22)
Thursday, November 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
13 comments:
I'm glad you didn't so much as hint to what they replied.
A little wondering is good
Interesting images and such a fine last line.
Blackbird say goodbye?????
I love this, love the spiders and birds. Good one, kiddo.
intriguing...your last line cinches these together nicely in a tight little verse...just poke some holes for the spiders...smiles.
Gods, but I adore your work.......
:)
MZ doin' what MZ does best...short, original, edgy and beautiful.
Loved the ending....surely was a surprise!!
'blackbird fly/into the light of the dark black night...' yes, often they don't come back, but the ones that do should know.
I love it and as usual, I agree with Fireblossom!
oooh, Love it~ The intrigue of wonder, how striking ;D
This is wonderful - it has the feel of a sevenling, with the sense of mystery in the fragments of things mentioned and a wealth of emotion oozing between every line.
I love this. Huge grin on my face. :) Every word is my favorite.
In the last line, I would wrap down "with you" to a second line for impact and rhythm.
Post a Comment