Give me a yellow brick stone
to mark the end of my road.
Don't bother with dates or a poem -
just If
she'd only had a brain . . .
For Susie's prompt at Real Toads
Blog Archive
-
▼
2014
(273)
-
▼
July
(25)
- Girlfriend
- Remainder
- Weird
- Sister To The Sky
- Miss Terri
- Creation
- If We Had
- At The Drive-In
- My Mother's Voice
- This Poem Is No / Because I'm Your Mother / And I ...
- The Other Me
- Quality Control At The Young American Factory
- Yellow Brick Stone
- Stumbling Stair
- Tokens
- Here, The Land
- Mudslide
- The Dinner Game
- Obsessive Compulsive
- Right And Left
- Eagle, Eagle
- These Homes
- Independence Day
- Für Therese
- I'd Rather Be
-
▼
July
(25)
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
14 comments:
Excellent thought!
No brain, no pain!
Terrific!! Says it all!
As tombstones go, it is succinct.
She has a fine one I'd say!
Thick as a briok--to pick another one, not to mention, the great and powerful Oz never did give nothin to the Tin Man that he didn't already have.
I just plain love this.
Love this! I am certain there will be no if on on your yellow stone. Thanks for participating!!
Ha! Perfect! I cant tell you how many times I find myself humming "if I only had a brain....." too many to go public about, hee hee.
Had she a brain there might have been a poem and a date.
..
If she had brains maybe shed not stop and keep going.. Excellent!
Ain't it da troot, Dorothy, ain't it da troot. You ever read Roethke's "Straw For the Fire"? Poems serve perfectly thus.
Well that is true MZ ~
if only any of us ~
Post a Comment