"that falling is flying without wings; the ground is open wide
and sister to the sky."
Brilliant lines. I can imagine the ground and the sky with their arms stretched to infinity in an effort to embrace the other. The idea of sisterhood is interesting. Enjoyed this. :)
Yes--you are right--thought the ground is a rather hard-hearted sister! For me, though, the swearing off of gravity is a good point to remember here! Thanks, MZ, a wonderful approach to the prompt. k.
16 comments:
...flying without wings...I must remember that.
Beautiful.
Beautiful indeed, MZ!! Awesome!!
We fly everyday on our feet! Love this. ♥
Oh, but harder, though easier to reach.
Imagine how beautiful it would be to be falling/flying or sinking here!! I love the perspective you brought to this challenge, Mama Zen!! Thank you!
I love "falling is flying without wings" and the earth being sister to the sky. Glorious writing, kiddo!
No wings and finding that the ground is a sister to the sky.
Very clever, I like.
Is that why 'they' say that falling is a big 'let down?'
..
Beautiful! Reminds me of the final scene in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
Enjoying every bit of freedom and life!
Gads, I love thisss. Your last line clinches it.
yes falling is flying without direction! beautiful
"that falling
is flying without wings;
the ground
is open wide
and sister to the sky."
Brilliant lines. I can imagine the ground and the sky with their arms stretched to infinity in an effort to embrace the other. The idea of sisterhood is interesting. Enjoyed this. :)
Beautiful write ..... it was very hard not to think of Flight 17 as I read your poem.
They go hand in hand, sky and ground, clenching each other's gifts tightly, like a black and white bond.
Lovely.
Poppy
Yes--you are right--thought the ground is a rather hard-hearted sister! For me, though, the swearing off of gravity is a good point to remember here! Thanks, MZ, a wonderful approach to the prompt. k.
So beautiful Mama Zen..."flying without wings" Oh, if only a free fall didn't hurt
Post a Comment