It's my turn at dinner
with the dead and famous;
it's a game I play to lose.
I don't need to know why Poe wrote rhyme
or what hand soap Pilate used.
The answers to my questions
were knotted in a noose,
and I'll never know
why you let go.
Why didn't you call me?
Blog Archive
-
▼
2014
(273)
-
▼
July
(25)
- Girlfriend
- Remainder
- Weird
- Sister To The Sky
- Miss Terri
- Creation
- If We Had
- At The Drive-In
- My Mother's Voice
- This Poem Is No / Because I'm Your Mother / And I ...
- The Other Me
- Quality Control At The Young American Factory
- Yellow Brick Stone
- Stumbling Stair
- Tokens
- Here, The Land
- Mudslide
- The Dinner Game
- Obsessive Compulsive
- Right And Left
- Eagle, Eagle
- These Homes
- Independence Day
- Für Therese
- I'd Rather Be
-
▼
July
(25)
Thursday, July 10, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
5 comments:
Whew, this burst into my reservoir of tears. Of all the conversations not to finish the worst was the phone call never made. Thank you for putting it so succinctly.
That was deep. So deep it stung in all the right soul strings,
And moment before that I must confess that your blog name brought a loud guffaw to my throat.
*moments before that
I hope this is made up and that you didn't lose anyone. As poetry, the hand soap line is perfect.
I've always wondered that, too ~
Post a Comment