Willow went a walkin'
bare root by the water.
She saw her own reflection
and couldn't turn away.
I watched the creek mud climb her thighs,
but I didn't sympathize.
Willow grew a beauty,
and I was planted plain.
Thursday, August 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
13 comments:
ha.
oft those with outer beauty
are consumed by it
and those that arent
just dont see theirs
smiles.
Very Zen feel... but of course.
Gorgeous. ~peace, Jason
Gorgeous. ~peace, Jason
I love it! Darned old willows!! I was planted plain, too!!
I see nothing plain around these parts.
"...planted plain."
Okay, I admit it. I actually counted the words (I think it is 39 but perhaps I miscounted). I wanted to know how something so short could blow me away.
Mama Zen, you are mind-blowingly brilliant. Are you working on another book of poetry?
Oh please.
So much said here beautifully.
Love Willows. Sad the speaker doesn't see her own beauty.
I have to second what LaTonya said...
Beauty should not be a competition....but I know sometime that is easier said than done.
No one who writes like you could ever be plain,nor trees you chant about nor Willows
Post a Comment