If nothing else, I've learned this year
the difference
between dread
and fear.
Fear is the "maybe"
and the "might"
that gives shape
and shadow to the night.
While dread is steady,
sure, and certain -
a beast
that is, itself, a burden.
Fear lends itself
to faith and prayer.
Dread is proof
God doesn't care.
Flood a fear with light;
it might not last.
If it does, it's dread;
fear come to pass.
This still needs a lot of work, but I just couldn't miss Fireblossom Turkeyday at Real Toads.
Thursday, November 26, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
15 comments:
Those last two stanzas, for sure, don't need any work at all. They're right on the money. Happy Thanksgiving, turkey! xo
Fear lends itself
to faith and prayer.
Dread is proof
God doesn't care.
This says everything... it could be carved in stone.
As always, you totally nail the topic at hand. This is really really good.
I think this is exactly how dread is.. but fear can become dread if we do not use some light.
I like the fourth stanza also. For sure, it seems that God doesn't care when all goes to pot. I once had a lawyer friend tell me, just when I needed it, that if it seems NO ONE in the world loves you anymore, God still does love you. I had lots of thoughts about that one and finally decided that God did still love me.
Lighter, seems I am forever dreading that my fears will come true.
..
Yeah well, you nailed it. Dread is fear's atheism. Holy moly.
Yes... dread is the pit in the belly in preparation for the inevitable. Yikes.
Pretty great. k.
this is very thought provoking - in a good way
I love this and can't imagine how it could be better/different!
You nailed this one with definitions, and those last two paragraphs! Wonderful.
MZ wields the hammer, again. ~
certainly a very interesting debate
have a nice weekend
much love...
A perfection portrait of fear and dread..Fear still holds some hope. Dread has erased it.
I can't fault a single syllable !!
Post a Comment