Bird in the belly of a worm.
Blue of a dead man's dreaming.
Initials in a heart
carved in a hangman's tree.
A Breeze through broken glass
teasing tatters in a suicide's window.
Home is where there's horror;
I bloom in unnatural things.
For Suzy's prompt at Real Toads
Thursday, December 4, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
15 comments:
Ah, I know some of those!!
Dark and intriguing. Excellent writing.
"Home is where there's horror;
I bloom in unnatural things."
Wow and then some... I shall think about these lines for a bit, and come back to read this again.
Wow.
Home is where there's horror -- would be a great book title.
Love the darkness.
My word. This is amazing.
The speaker is perhaps a woman, demon, or witch of intense power. Or maybe this is simply about the bloom of evil, sorrow, or pain.
I can't seem to stop reading this. You are an incredible poet.
No unicorns?
A dark piece of night thoughts, love it! Those last lines are superb! Thanks so much for writing for the challenge!
Whew! Yikes!
I love that opening line. What a twist! Scary good piece, MZ.
Such death/horror adds extra shadow to the night, making me back away from each petal of night blooms.
Wow, dark and delicious. Loved every line.
The 'horror' aspect of this is off-set by the first person narrative - the uneasy alliance between sympathy and fear.
Your poem is really spooky (if I can use such a simple phrase) I found myself a little worried :-) There seem to be reasons I don't want to be about on a dark night. Who knows who you will meet?
It's all pretty fabulous, but I'm very drawn to the imagery of initials in a heart carved on the hangman's tree.
Mama Zen, I wrote a mini-review of your poem. Here in the link, if you want to take a loosee: https://www.facebook.com/inDarkerWords/posts/1508525396078576
that's a creepy and perfect pen ~
Post a Comment