I'll not offer you this place
of darkened mirrors and pictures too
pale to be seen.
I'll not offer you this place
of creaking stairs and walls
prone to talk.
This place
is a skeleton key on a ring
that severs the finger.
This place
shames you
when you bleed.
For the Mini-Challenge at Real Toads
Blog Archive
-
▼
2014
(273)
-
▼
September
(24)
- To Keep The World Turning
- Mother's Tongue
- Migration
- The Universal Truth
- Telling Time
- Blue Sky Mind
- Why I Clean On Wednesdays
- To
- This Place
- Checks And Imbalances
- Dahlias Dying
- Ceasefire
- Privacy Of A Dog
- Soft Science
- How To Bear The Blue
- Ratna Dweepa
- The Nerd Gene
- How To Serve Woman
- The Dig
- White Dog / Black Dog
- The Second Flood
- Intelligent Life
- Charmed Work
- And Wait
-
▼
September
(24)
Saturday, September 20, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
13 comments:
Oh, OW!! That's a really BIG pin prick!! I felt it all the way to Oregon!!
Wow 'shames you when you bleed' wow. That is so true. So well written.
blood cooling poem...
"blood cooling"?
A skeleton key that severs the finger... vivid!
Saving a loved one from harm and dark things, such pure emotions
We want to protect them from this place which tries to shame them. If only...
A nice collection of not nice things amassing, M.Zee. I wouldn't like even one of these.
..
OK... I'm outa here... brrrrrr!
:-)
ZQ
eek. Carrie, get outta there! ;)
Human suffering can be a fearful thing. Your words cut, your empathy shines through.
oh wow, i love this...the hesitancy to share your inner darkness.
stacy lynn mar
http://warningthestars.blogspot.com/
such a vivid pen ~
Post a Comment