Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Why I Clean On Wednesdays

Wednesday mornings I sweep
my prescriptions into a drawer,

black folder my lists
and rituals,

make happy beds,
and strip the couch

so my maid can clean
without seeing my dirt.

6 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Oh, you do that, too!!! I thought I was the only one!! Thanks for my morning giggle, MZ!!

Kathryn Dyche said...

I had a cleaning maid in for a year after having knee surgery. It used to stress me out that I had to tidy/clean the house before she came . . . there was definitely lots of 'shoving into drawers' that went on. :)

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Speaking from the viewpoint of the cleaning lady, I never could figure out why people did that. Hee hee.

Marion said...

I was a maid for years. I wish you'd been one of the slobs I cleaned for. Most excellent poem! (If I ever had a maid, I'd do the same thing, I'm sure.) xo

Sioux Roslawski said...

If I had a maid, I'd have to do lots and lots of "tidying" before they came.

Fireblossom said...

If I had a maid, she'd just have to suck it up and deal.

About Me

My photo
Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor