Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Privacy Of A Dog



Today,

I was photographed and fingerprinted at the bank,
videotaped buying tampons at the grocery store,
and tracked by GPS through my iPhone.

I left emails floating like angels in the cloud.

I received recommendations from Amazon,
suggestions from Netflix,
and friends from Facebook.

I must be safe and somebody, now.

Eyes covered -
the privacy of a dog.

For The Mag

12 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Oh, YES!!! Perfect one!!!

Berowne said...

Clever; well done.

Kay said...

excellent.....we are all somebody now!!

Kerry O'Connor said...

I prefer to be as much of a nobody as possible.

Susan said...

Safe and Somebody? Either/or, not both. Not even.

Sreeja said...

interesting!!!

Anonymous said...

great title to a wry and yet deeply felt pen ~

Fireblossom said...

Bosco says he wants a credit card.

Carrie Van Horn said...

So true Mama Zen....this is brilliant!!!

Kathe W. said...

yes!!!! It was only 2 years ago that I got a cell phone- who wants to be so accessible and visible anyhow?
Excellent!

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

I love the idea of hiding like a dog. As if when you can't see yourself, nobody else could either. Nicely written.

Helen said...

They're everywhere .....

About Me

My photo
Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor