We uncovered sacraments
of a strange God -
peppermint candles
and sacred texts
left behind by ancient prophets -
and we learned
to banish foul smelling darkness
and troubleshoot a toaster.
With bread,
we fed
the electric Lazarus.
A third Great Awakening began.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2014
(273)
-
▼
September
(24)
- To Keep The World Turning
- Mother's Tongue
- Migration
- The Universal Truth
- Telling Time
- Blue Sky Mind
- Why I Clean On Wednesdays
- To
- This Place
- Checks And Imbalances
- Dahlias Dying
- Ceasefire
- Privacy Of A Dog
- Soft Science
- How To Bear The Blue
- Ratna Dweepa
- The Nerd Gene
- How To Serve Woman
- The Dig
- White Dog / Black Dog
- The Second Flood
- Intelligent Life
- Charmed Work
- And Wait
-
▼
September
(24)
Sunday, September 7, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
7 comments:
Yes! Imagine all the new cults that will arise. Scary, actually.
Peppermint candles and electric Lazarus...might fine....I would like a slice from that toast
You do know how to re-make my day, MZ!! Halleluiah!! How did I get along without your "word gifts"!!
the electric Lazarus - what a line! ~
I love this poem.
This is just excellent.
What happened to the First Two?
Post a Comment