My chakras are migrating south,
and I am fall
i
n
g.
My third eye is in my throat.
My heart is in my toes.
I'm sinking to the ground.
Winter is call
i
n
g,
My crown is on my knees.
My roots are out of reach
and growing numb.
Inspired by Ella's Poetic Exercise (Chakras). Submitted to Play it Again at Real Toads.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2014
(273)
-
▼
September
(24)
- To Keep The World Turning
- Mother's Tongue
- Migration
- The Universal Truth
- Telling Time
- Blue Sky Mind
- Why I Clean On Wednesdays
- To
- This Place
- Checks And Imbalances
- Dahlias Dying
- Ceasefire
- Privacy Of A Dog
- Soft Science
- How To Bear The Blue
- Ratna Dweepa
- The Nerd Gene
- How To Serve Woman
- The Dig
- White Dog / Black Dog
- The Second Flood
- Intelligent Life
- Charmed Work
- And Wait
-
▼
September
(24)
Saturday, September 27, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
19 comments:
Yep, me, too!! But you surely say it better than I do!!
Lovely! I got my chakra colors mixed and they all became indigo, then I vanished into thin air. I miss me. Spot on, MZ. xo...(Watching a British show, "Shameless").
Great use of the layout to add meaning to your poem, Mama Zen!
This is really impressive, MZ.
Wow, this is clever! I feel your pain, lol! Love the crown on the knees and roots growing numb. Yikes.
migrating south! Hey, they're headed my way :)
You have captured the state of confusion very effectively, MZ.
Do I need to smack ya or dunk ya or something? No numb poets! ;-)
Clever!
Like the style! Enjoyed the piece. :-)
ZQ
get up streccccchhhhh
have a nice Sunday
much love...
gah, i can relate.
'My third eye is in my throat' --what a line. There's a great sense of displacement and alienation throughout this that seems to echo the change and disruption of life's seasons and our feeble attempts to adjust.
My roots are out of reach,,, that' seems to be an image of loosing one's grip.. Innovative form
Mama, love how you played with sending each chakra to a lower level, as though the gravity that comes with age is making your chakras "droop"! Whimsical. Also, having the crown on your knees and the third eye in your THROAT, those were priceless. You had fun, and so did all your readers. Sorry I've not been around, but I did hit this prompt! Amy
Brilliant MZ!
I am feeling this way about the political climate. Great write
Very cool use of chakra's and the overall effect is a strong one. Loved the third eye in the throat.
Love the form and feeling of this!
Post a Comment