Squinting is impractical.
An eye-patch is doubly impractical
unless you are a pirate.
Not a pirate?
Then spread yourself wide as the drum major's cape,
and let trumpet trills
thrill you / fill you
with fat, unmuted September.
Leave August shades to the flute section
and the threat of October to your dreams.
Don't be that awkward stillness that stalls the wave.
Throw your head back and scream.
It's the least you can do
to bear your share of the blue.
For Grace's prompt at Real Toads
Blog Archive
-
▼
2014
(273)
-
▼
September
(24)
- To Keep The World Turning
- Mother's Tongue
- Migration
- The Universal Truth
- Telling Time
- Blue Sky Mind
- Why I Clean On Wednesdays
- To
- This Place
- Checks And Imbalances
- Dahlias Dying
- Ceasefire
- Privacy Of A Dog
- Soft Science
- How To Bear The Blue
- Ratna Dweepa
- The Nerd Gene
- How To Serve Woman
- The Dig
- White Dog / Black Dog
- The Second Flood
- Intelligent Life
- Charmed Work
- And Wait
-
▼
September
(24)
Sunday, September 14, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
13 comments:
Brilliant interpretation of the theme!
If we're screaming already in September, what can remain for October and November... I think I'll save my blue for then :-)
Brilliant it is indeed, MZ, but, of course, I've come to expect nothing less from you!! Have a great new week!
Yes, Ma'am! Screaming trombone notes. What fuun. So much blues cheers me on.
Yes, Ma'am! Screaming trombone notes. What fuun. So much blues cheers me on.
I absolutely adore that ending. And "not a pirate?" That made me grin.
EEEEEEEK YOWL and howl... my version of a scream :-) I smiled throughout my reading too.
ZQ
I love that unmuted September blue ~ Thanks for linking up MZ ~
love that pirate part :)
You just never cease to amaze me. Your brain is wired in an amazing way.
September blue...I am singing in that shade...as always I am amazed by your writing skills.
nice. wait, squinting is impractical? i guess i'll just... let it go, let it go. ;)
lively, wise admonition and reminder ~
Post a Comment