I check the front page
for sightings
of Jesus.
I check the classifieds
for directions from the Lord.
I never miss the weather;
there's words inside the thunder
crashing like a deadbolt -
six times -
to lock a door.
For Kerry's prompt (superstition) at Real Toads
Blog Archive
-
▼
2014
(273)
-
▼
September
(24)
- To Keep The World Turning
- Mother's Tongue
- Migration
- The Universal Truth
- Telling Time
- Blue Sky Mind
- Why I Clean On Wednesdays
- To
- This Place
- Checks And Imbalances
- Dahlias Dying
- Ceasefire
- Privacy Of A Dog
- Soft Science
- How To Bear The Blue
- Ratna Dweepa
- The Nerd Gene
- How To Serve Woman
- The Dig
- White Dog / Black Dog
- The Second Flood
- Intelligent Life
- Charmed Work
- And Wait
-
▼
September
(24)
Friday, September 19, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
12 comments:
Perfection. I love it.
Perhaps the answer lies in the places we never look.
Perfection indeed!! No one says it better!
Six times you said.. yes they need to counted.. dead-bolt or you're dead.
Yes. Sometimes we look in the wrong places for answers. Love this.
Sorry, Jesus was on my toast.
I love the way thunder transforms in this.
We're funny creatures for all our evolution.
And perhaps if we stopped looking outside for answers (and confirmations) ((those checks and imbalances)) and instead looked within, superstition would become just plain damn healthy ambivalence. But hey! Knock three times in case I pissed off St. Michael.
Shucks! Memo to self: cancel newspaper subscription today.
As soon as I read "sightings of Jesus" I thought about toast.
I know, I'm a terrible person. *sigh*
perfectly titled, too ~
Post a Comment