My metal turtle has tinted skin.
I can see out,
but you can't see in.
I guide from the belly
and inch chase a place in the shade.
And wait.
The school pick-up line
is society small.
Should I act civilized
or middle finger it all?
Be a beast in a tank
or the lady my mama raised
and wait, and wait, and wait?
For Open Link Monday at Real Toads
Blog Archive
-
▼
2014
(273)
-
▼
September
(24)
- To Keep The World Turning
- Mother's Tongue
- Migration
- The Universal Truth
- Telling Time
- Blue Sky Mind
- Why I Clean On Wednesdays
- To
- This Place
- Checks And Imbalances
- Dahlias Dying
- Ceasefire
- Privacy Of A Dog
- Soft Science
- How To Bear The Blue
- Ratna Dweepa
- The Nerd Gene
- How To Serve Woman
- The Dig
- White Dog / Black Dog
- The Second Flood
- Intelligent Life
- Charmed Work
- And Wait
-
▼
September
(24)
Monday, September 1, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
17 comments:
Enjoying the pick-up line, I see! I love "society small".
Waiting... that's something I would never care for.. but I'd guess I wouldn't drive a tank either.. middlefinger and ignore sound a lot more like my style
"Should I act civilized
or middle finger it all?" ... I love you.
More faves:
"I can see out,
but you can't see in."
"I guide from the belly"
"inch-chase"
the question is "to be or not to be"; i think Shakespeare pondered such
have a nice Monday
much love...
I love the tinted skin, and "I can see out, but you cant see in." I remember the proper politics of the school pickup line, plus having to be not Too Outrageous for the sake of one's daughter....hee hee.......
Yep! I know exactly what you mean, always having been short on patience myself.
Wait... so the middle-finger isn't civilized? I don't understand the world anymore.
I empathize, and don't miss the school pick-up lines at all.
Loved the description of your tinted turtle.
I've got to ask what would a turtle do? But not remotely comfortable with waiting since I gave up smoking (30 months and a few days ago), I would hold up the line by penning a naughty poem.
I get frustrated with all the waiting. I overly civilized but wish I could hone the middle finger more.
One wants to be civil as guided by our parents. But frustrations like 'waiting' can be a real hang-up. A good write MZ!
Hank
Parents forfeit all the fun. Or do they? This is wickedly middle fingered.
an alternative
park two blocks away
enjoy a walk with mini-zen
Cheers!
JzB
middle ~
LOL! No beasting in the pick-up line. Whether right or wrong, could haunt your kids for the duration!
http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2014/09/02/so-many-lost/
must it be one or the other? sigh, i guess so.
Post a Comment