"Uranus has three moons,
but only two butt cheeks,"
she says with such dimpled gravity
that I am pulled from my study
of far, worrisome stars
and settled back into the happy orbit
of her small, laughing planet.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2014
(273)
-
▼
March
(27)
- Why We Didn't
- Returning
- On 5th Grade Math
- God Knows
- The Dream Box
- Gluten Free Cookie Monster
- (Sh)Epitome
- At The Ramsey Opera House
- Chalked
- Camp Hideaway
- An Old-Fashioned Poem
- St. 60s Elvis
- Your Trees
- Night Bird
- The Crimson M
- Free
- Wherever You Go
- Merit Badges
- Calving
- The Ghosts Of Frida And Diego in Detroit
- The Constant Lover
- Fortress Of Solitude
- Uranus
- To Draw Dawn
- Mardi Gras Eyes
- Four Shadows
- The Place You Go
-
▼
March
(27)
Thursday, March 6, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
15 comments:
smiles...kids are so cool...they def have a funny way with wisdom...now lets leave the klingons out of it....
How adorable. <3 To be present with such naive wisdom is what I miss most about not having had children of my own.
Kiss. <3
Grin
Too fun. :0)
so cool.. kids have such a fresh and direct way to look at things..i love that
if that had been said to me, i can only pray that I wouldn't be drinking coffee ;) what to say, you do it everytime
awesome ~
Strictly highbrow, like her mom? ;-)
Kids are the best reality check invented.
Smiles!
Uranus--Is that what I call a colleague of mine?
Yes.
I LOVE Uranus!!!!!
Really, I do!!
Which is why children are such a blessing - they keep us humble and remind us that the good stuff is so simple to find.
ha, this is delightful. you made me smile...children say the grandest things sometimes!
stacy lynn mar
http://warningthestars.blogspot.com/
You've got yourself a poet and a comic there!
Post a Comment