A half-finished book
under a half-naked tree.
Bark and spine against my spine.
Notes fluttering loose as leaves.
"How do I love thee? Let me . . ."*
*Elizabeth Barrett Browning
A tanka for the Mini-Challenge at Real Toads
Saturday, November 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
19 comments:
Love.
This is brilliant, MZ! Bringing this imagery together as one...brilliant!
I love this. I can see it.
you always excel at short poetry, MZ ~ love the ways this flows when read out loud, too.
♥
masterful ~
Love this one! Bravo MZ
Oh, yes! I love this one, too!!
All five lines--simple and warm and perfect.
There are moments for quiet introspection such as these, when one feels in tune with nature, and poetry seems a part of a much greater whole.
I don't need to tell how much i love this, let me count the ways
So charming.
k. (Manicddaily)
How to sit at in a garden reading... i can feel that tree...
aw! a snapshot many of us can relate to :)
great really loved this poem :-)
... 'bark and spine against my spine' ... I think everyone reading this tanka will relate. :)
You have painted a very vivid and poetic scene, Mama Zen and Elizabeth Browning's line at the end blends in perfectly well.
Sigh...perfect
Well captured, MZ!!
How do I love thee, MZ? Can't count that high. LOved this.
Post a Comment