Six of seven sunshines
blind me.
Six of seven midnights
find me
moonless;
tuneless;
but crooning to you anyway
for if the sixth of seven notes
should carry
on wary winds
round the very curve of the earth
it would make it worth
the noise I make.
For Open Link Monday at Real Toads
Monday, September 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
17 comments:
And one more to add to my list of favorites! Love it!!
I think so, too, if just one in seven could play that tune ... it would be alright.
Wonderful flow to this. Breathy.
Not sure I understand it but it is a dreamy read - carry wary winds and all those esses. WOW
I do enjoy poetry which incorporates numbering and this one has a very cool sense of progression.
Beautiful!
This is my favorite sequence:
for if the sixth of seven notes
should carry
on wary winds
round the very curve of the earth
Great share!
I totally dig this, especially the opening and the closing.
Strikes me as though you may be pining for the weekend, but I've never seen it done quite as poignantly.
It would take a singer/poet to have written this, so it's a natural that you did. I don't think it could be put much better why we do this, or do anything beautiful, despite the many failed tries; it's a first rate little love poem.
Gee whiz, Mama Zen - the rhyme and meter and all that other stuff still doesn't matter, nor can really capture what you do here.
Wonderful grind that leaves one breathless. Nicely MZ!
Hank
Bravo!
always leave them wanting more, I do...exquisite poetry, applause mama Zen
great sharp sound, thanks. k. manicddaily
Mama, sounds like somebody has a partner on the road... and that the tune is put out to them, wherever they may be.
But then, I was married the first time to a musician...!
This is a quizzical, lovely work. Amy
oh it def. would...
Post a Comment