Blog Archive

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Harvesting Hips

Hold your hurry
till the heat
breaks.
Ready rose hips
yield
to a touch.

Getting Imagist (?) for Kerry's challenge at Real Toads.  Also submitted to Poetry Pantry.

18 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

The image of rose hips is delicately suggestive and your subject - the late summer heat - remains central to the piece as a whole.

Susan said...

I am one who cuts and snips, never waiting to harvest the old because of hope for new blooms. You make me wonder if that's a myth and the rose would be more ready to bloom with courteous and loving treatment. Maybe I reversed the proper care of a lover and a rose back when it mattered

Fireblossom said...

No plums?

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Rose hips and human hips...yield to a touch. Your title suggests a cool double entendre.

Mary said...

Clever!! Always like the way you use words!

Debi Swim said...

Clever treatment and double entendre

Other Mary said...

Oh, so sensual. You paint an evocative picture.

Ella said...

I love the hip action in your poem :D

aka_andrea said...

This is lovely~ thanks so much for stopping by, your comment is greatly appreciated.

TCPC said...

A tantalizing piece! Congo on being among the top three crowns of dVerse 2 yes celebs! :)

kaykuala said...

Sensuously provocative MZ! Nicely!

Hank

Anonymous said...

luscious...

Out of Sight L said...

I love how you drop sex in so subtly,impressive Mama Zen

Unknown said...

Nice play. I love the innuendo here; Very tasteful, yet enticing. Thank you for sharing this little poem.

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

Loved this--especially the rose hips

ZQ said...

Excellent
ZQ

Lolamouse said...

Short and perfect!

Helen said...

Incredibly sexy, MZ!

About Me

My photo
Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor