Blog Archive

Saturday, November 3, 2018

Snake

If I must
   be on my belly
      eating dust
I'll be a snake.

Linked to Poetry Pantry at Poets United

12 comments:

said...

I love this --- especially since the title (and closing word) doubles as "snack."

annell4 said...

Yes, it seems perfect!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Perfect!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Everything in this poem hinges on that opening word: IF.

brudberg said...

Maybe you have no choice... you become snake when your're forced to crawl.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Perfect!❤️

Colleen Looseleaf said...

Nice way to shape shift a fall into an adventure.

Truedessa said...

well, a snake has the ability to shed it's skin a chance to regenerate...

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ha ha, good choice!

KB said...

Me too

Fireblossom said...

Sounds very reasonable to me!

goatman said...



Let it be . . .

About Me

My photo
Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor