Blog Archive

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Gravity Fell

Gravity

fell last night
and proved its own existence.

I hummed Freud and swept the bar
a pearl beneath my tongue.

My family's in formaldehyde
awaiting resurrection.

Septic with their shadows,
I'm 48 and dying Jung.

For Poetry Pantry at Poets United

17 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This is very clever wordplay, kiddo. I loved it.

Donna@LivingFromHappiness said...

Oh I enjoyed this...always a joy to read through your clever lines!

ZQ said...

Hahaha.... OK... very clever.
ZQ

brudberg said...

Love the Freud to Jung.. very clever.

said...

You're a damn genius, baby.

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

What a clever write! Loved it!

colleen Looseleafnotes said...

This is one I wish I had written. Love it, the Freud, the Jung, the septic shadows, the family in formaldehyde and gravity falling!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ha! I especially love your closing pun.

Gillena Cox said...

Nice one. And thanks for dropping by my blog today

Much💚love

Mary said...

Clever! "Jung" made me smile.

Wendy Bourke said...

I agree with many of the comments: really clever wordplay. The intriguing nuances are a marvel - pinned against the psychology-of-the-human-mind 'name drops' ... they inspired. This is brilliant!

tonispencer said...

Clever closing! The images in this - your family in formaldehyde...exquisite.

Old Egg said...

Clever and amusing, I really enjoyed it.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is quite brilliant! Especially love the closing pun!

Debi Swim said...

Very clever but with a punch

Susan Anderson said...

Deftly done!

kaykuala said...

Love the twist of humor accompanying this, MZ!

Hank

About Me

My photo
Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor