I'd like to slap that apple out of her hand
and grind the old boa to grease beneath my boot.
Here's another girl, innocent as Eve, believing herself to be a snake charmer.
But, see, she's the one swaying and charmed -
disarmed by his handsome
slither and hiss.
Look, this garden is old -
old as worlds and wombs;
sweet as God's first kiss;
unchanging as sparrows and swallows.
So, yes, I'd love to slap that apple right out of her hand,
but I'd just drive her closer to the tree.
I have to let it be.
After all, it's my footprints she followed.
For Hannah's prompt at Real Toads
Friday, February 26, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
13 comments:
Oh what a wonderful voice.. Footprints as ancient this are hard not to follow.
oh snap! what an ending.
As always, you absolutely nail your subject. This is wonderful.
This is awesome. I can feel it as if you're talking about me and also about your own daughter. Fantastic writing.
what a finish. damn. ~
I love the way you turned it around at the end. It creates a whole new context for the monologue.
Ha. Well done. k.
The spunkiness of this is delightful! I'd like to slap the apple out of her hand too.
Goodness!! Breath-taking...I love your perspective and this stanza:
"Look, this garden is old -
old as worlds and wombs;
sweet as God's first kiss;
unchanging as sparrows and swallows."
Awesome, Mama Zen! Thank you so much for joining!
:)
Hah! I particularly like that she 'innocent as Eve, believing herself to be a snake charmer' is also 'the one swaying and charmed - disarmed by his handsome slither and hiss.' Nice work!
You bring great imagery to everything you write ~~ love this!
I like this!
Oh my...our footprints do lead out of Eden.
Post a Comment