My heart lazes in my chest;
then flings itself against my breast
and gallops like a derby horse -
all at the sight of you, of course.
I try my best to rein the beast;
still it drags me, flustered, to your feet.
I stammer and blush; I'm mortified!
But oh! You make me feel alive!
55 words for Kerry at Real Toads. Also submitted to Poets United.
Sunday, February 7, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
29 comments:
I totally love that heart galloping like a derby horse. So cool. No one can do 55 like you do.
I love how the rhyme scheme here is so playful, and adds a sense of hidden sarcasm to the poem. Makes it complex and interesting. Nicely done.
Wow! This poem--if it's written about a real person--would make a wonderful Valentine's Day present.
I miss those moments... such rushes are the best... Love the playfulness here.
Yes, yes, yes! These are the loves that flatten us and bring us sky high! Oh those times are the best. And you words play through these thoughts perfectly!
Ah, sometimes the thrill and the challenge is worth it! Don't reign them in.
good to have someone like that around
much love...
What a perfect title. This puts me in mind of Emily, in her lighter moods.
Ah, you are the best!! And, as always, you've gotten my day off to a great start -- yeah, I know, I'm a tad late getting started today!! You are a playful one and I love it!! Hope you have a great new week!!
Love it!
I love the idea of a heart galloping like a derby horse :D
Beautifully expressed!
Lots of love,
Sanaa
Ok. That someone sounds super special. I like this. It's right in time for Valentine's day.
Thank you Mama Zen for making me dance to your lines. Very happy and upbeat!
This is utterly delightful and a joy to read.
sometimes the beast needs to run wild and free...
I hated feeling like that ... so out of control. It's terrifying to be on a runaway horse that by no means has your best interests at heart.
Perfect title and follow-through :-)
aw...sweet...
Smile!
That is a good way to feel alive :)
I love the joyousness.
How lovely! There ought to be a word for that feeling...
:-)
I hope you've picked winner : )
How fortunate to feel so alive! Happy Valentine's Day!
Love it, MZ. xo
Super charming. Thanks. k.
A wonderful character sketch.
ZQ
love your 55, MZ. Galen would have, I bet...
a horse, galloping all out, the grace, beauty, sheer wildness and mane flowing - oh, this is a great image for that lover we can't resist!
Post a Comment