Blog Archive

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Dos Equis Marine


Bought beer,
bought gas,
soaped Tuck Fexas on my back glass,
and cut my Friday Con Law class
to make a Red River run

down to Dallas
to cheer
for OU.
Didn't make the game, but you got a tattoo.
Me? I got pierced just to impress you.
Might have worked,

but Dos Equis Marine
got there first.

A road trip for Corey at Real Toads.  

15 comments:

Hannah said...

I love this snippet, Mama Zen, all the small moments that make it a big one - fun!!

Pop-o said...

Oh, the things we do for those who we want to love us. Excellent, rollicking.

Fireblossom said...

You, root for OU? I never would have guessed! :-P

Debi Swim said...

Finally got it right, huh. Me too.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Contains all the freedom of youth.. such a feeling of spontaneity.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I always enjoy the wry humor in your work, kiddo. Makes me smile.

brudberg said...

Life is just those choices... but I guess it's all about landing on your feet.

Marion said...

You had me at Red River, my very own river. Excellent! xo

Anonymous said...

I always like the shirt slogan "Buck Fush" during the Bush era...

grapeling said...

what a story ~

Gillena Cox said...

Nice one; reads like a cheer

much love...

Mary said...

Ah, those adventurous days!!
Makes me a bit nostalgic.

Angie said...

hapless, or hopeless? romantic for sure

Helen said...

Ole! Ole!

Herotomost said...

This is the open road at its best!!!! I love this, and the only line that might need splaining would be the Dos Equis Marine.....hmmmm.... Loved this MZ. Fantastic!

About Me

My photo
Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor