Naught, naught, naughty -
graveyard grin
hampered by the hook and eye
that holds my hallows in.
A finger for the feed dogs
keeps the reaper grim.
Naught, naught, naughty -
graveyard hymn.
For M's Get Listed at Real Toads
Blog Archive
-
▼
2015
(204)
-
▼
October
(22)
- Naming Night
- Clearance Rack
- Stop / Motion
- Pit Pony
- Weather
- Rewrite
- Hazzard
- Fetching Lies
- $100,000 Pyramid
- Last Day Of Summer
- Ladies Of Longhand
- Needs And The Wants Between
- The Edges
- Thousand Storms
- If You Want
- Hoopskirt
- Graveyard Hymn
- Frog House
- Measured And Cut
- Six Days In Oklahoma
- The Thinnest Ice
- Rain
-
▼
October
(22)
Thursday, October 8, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
15 comments:
Wonderfully macabre & laced with dark brevity, I really enjoyed this brief excursion into list poetics; imaginative take on the tricky prompt. But then you are no stranger to the dark side of poetics; smile.
I know you are a loving mother and amazingly smart - and you do the "dark" side so well... You've got so many layers, so much talent!
Excellent, as mantra or spellcasters' chant. The words fit right in as if by magic.
A nursery rhyme darkness.. I feel this is like the cute corpses of a Tim Burton movie... excellent
How you manage to grab just enough -- that hook and eye -- to scarecrow an entire haunt -- floors me every time, Z. Maybe I should bone up again on my Suzuki. Five applauding severed hands.
Nothing like a witch's singsong to keep the reaper away, or is it to lure and tantaize him--and to hold in what shouldn't be let out...unless perhaps in a graveyard, at midnight, surrounded by the pant of black dogs...dark and sweet, MZ.
This is just excellent! Love the rhythm..... "holds my hallows in" and "keeps the reaper grim" - perfectly spooky.
lyrical, not spooky at all. lovely
Makes me think of "Ring Around the Rosie" and it was a bit dark, too.
Where's my jump rope?
Good one. I feel like laughing dementedly now.
Wonderful. I love the way the hook and eye are like the reaper's scythe--so cool. Terrific. k.
Nice rhythm to it MZ even though it is a little grim tale
Hank
when scary morphs to naughty; very nice
much love...
I love this, MZ. please accept my apologies for visiting so late - thank you for adding your voice ~
Post a Comment