Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

$100,000 Pyramid

blonde . . .
bomb . . .
fawn . . .

playboy bunnies named Bambi!

long . . .
gone . . .
John . . .

break-up letter, good-bye letter!

on
and on
and on

words that sound like someone yelling Mom when you're trying to take a shower!

ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!

For The Tuesday Platform at Real Toads

12 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

So annoying the "Mom! Mom!!!!!" when one is in the shower, LOL. I love this.........."on and on and on....."

Sylvia K said...

Oh, yes and LOL, indeed!! Okay, I'm ready to start my day now!! Hope you have a good one, MZ!!

Marion said...

:-) Oh, how I miss those "Mom, Mom, Mom!!!!!!!" screams. They're but a distant echo now. Treasure them... Great poem, MZ! xo

brudberg said...

Dear John, yes indeed... :-)

Kerry O'Connor said...

There seems to be a lot going on in this poem, and I am not sure I pick up all your allusions, but certainly the reference to Playboy's decision to end the nudie pics... sure to be a disappointment to many loyal Johns.

said...

I knew this had to be a game show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_(game_show)

So I see the story here as being about Bambi and John being "long gone," and their "gone-ness" going on and on and on.

But who gives a flip about them when someone's screaming at you in the shower, telling you you've won $100,000?! Congratulations on all your successes ... serendipitous or earned via hard work and talent.

Susan said...

blonde gone on mom!! Ok, I know the clues are followed by the answer--but they all sound like mom to me. Very cool.

Anonymous said...

or talking on the phone. I never get through a conversation with my daughter without the grandkids interruptions.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I too knew this had to be a game show, and am grateful to ocean bones for the link as I would not have thought of Googling it, and the article does explain a lot about your format.

The poem works anyway, because of the sounds, and because you take it somewhere unexpected in the end – and somewhere any mother can recognise. :)

Fireblossom said...

rofl

Outlawyer said...

Ha! Very clever. k.

hedgewitch said...

Only you could make a poem out of this, full of irreverent references and very human responses. On the broad grin here.

About Me

My photo
Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor