Curious devices teach the young
and numb the mothers.
Fathers
gather
economies of scale.
Tales are often told
of the older and the better
by leather tongues long
disregarded.
For The Tuesday Platform at Real Toads
Blog Archive
-
▼
2015
(204)
-
▼
August
(20)
- Nothing Left To See Here
- Blank Canvas Face
- Go
- Bread And Water (after "The Summer Day")
- Calling Myself
- Leather Tongues
- Would You / Do You (A List Of Answers)
- If My Mouth
- First Car Wreck
- Grain Of Salt
- Yes
- The Longest Road
- Sundown Town
- Skinner In Love
- Paper Dragons
- Working Girl Wisdom
- Women And The Moon
- When Ravens
- Gravity
- Edge Of Seventeen
-
▼
August
(20)
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
14 comments:
The changing world and its perspectives
Many meanings to "leather tongues"! And all lash and numb at some level. Curiosities? or was it better? Or did it kill curiosity, bringing it down to scale?
I didn't do this yet but love your idea! I am writing a similar poem in a different vein now it's not done yet. This is so true we are becoming dull!
This has been subject to a fit of editing. I hope that it reads better, now.
"by leather tongues long disregarded". So true.......we elders have gained our wisdom so painfully, but young people never want to listen, LOL.
Is age really such a barrier?.. the image of those leather tongues is both strength but maybe just in vain.
Say what?
Somehow I feel like this is shoes talking--hard to walk in another's. k.
Fascinating, lyrical imagery. You never disappoint.
There's true scale in that leather. Thay what?
We disregard the leather tongues at our peril--sometimes they have pearls of wisdom... However, I definitely relate to this poem, both how I feel with my kids and my parents...a clever write
Such an innovative comparison! Sad that the voices of the elders are ignored by the youth.
What a great set of images!
Wow, what a tactile image. Leather tongues. Guess they are better than pleather tongues...lol. Great writing MZ! I am ignored half of the time, but I think I deserve it....
Post a Comment