I'll recite
my milksop lines
with perfect timing.
And, I'll
cardboard cry
right on cue.
Just to see
you put goodbye
back in your pocket,
so that I'll be the one
leaving you.
For the Hello / Goodbye prompt at Real Toads.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2013
(228)
-
▼
April
(26)
- 7th Inning Stretch
- Harper Lee
- Flower Bed
- Good News!
- Mockingbird
- Moved On
- Auto Da Fe
- Reasons To Burn
- Partly Cloudy
- Cowbird
- Black And White
- Blue Period
- Grief Is A Blackbird
- Unfortunate Meteorological Conditions
- Last Thoughts Before Sleeping
- The Last Wish
- In Case Of Feedback . . .
- Pigs And Pretty Girls
- Hunt And Gather
- Order Up
- Stories Of Fire
- You And I
- Suffer Boy
- Sugarcoat
- September 9, 1958
- Feast Of Fools
-
▼
April
(26)
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
17 comments:
Feels better to be the one leaving than the one being left, but both are hard. Well expressed, MZ.
I love it!!
Are you sure you're not Catlick?
Lord have I been there--when it's all down to who can zoom who in the dirty game. Sharp and skewering to the last drop of goodness, MZ.
A Pyrrhic Victory, though it may ease the pain of the fire. I felt that way on not getting tenure: Hold those Cue Cards High! A glorious and harsh take on Goodbye. Thank you, MZ.
Been there done that!! Ha ha.
mmm...just to be the one to pull the trigger...that is nasty...ha...like susan said.. a pyrrhic victory indeed....
I love this, especially "just to see you put goodbye back in your pocket".....
better to leave first..... I think.
Ooh, nicely put. I've done it both ways. I left, and led a miserable existence because Someone Else got to my family with His Story (not the truth) before I could explain. My grandmother knew the truth, but no one else did.
With the next one, I don't know if he'd have left, but he had to because I threw him out, bag and baggage, told him where to find a boarding house.
Anyway, absolutely loved your "milksop lines" and especially "cardboard cry"! Lull him into thinking you're sorry, then you can leave in your own good time, although I suspect this poem is fiction.
K
Love it...cry that cardboard cry and get the jump on leaving
Cardboard cry and goodbye in a pocket? Ace!
Oh, this was wickedly funny, the idea of the cardboard cry so you could have the last LAUGH! Yeah, I can relate... Amy
It's all a question of timing.
You are so sharp! k.
Very concise with a big impact!
Fantastic. :) You are just so clever! The second and third stanzas are my favorites.
Post a Comment