Weathered
like an old, brown bottle.
My pretty papers loose
and peeling.
Crinkling at the edges,
glue giving way,
until I am finally left
unlabeled.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(136)
-
▼
September
(30)
- Words
- Side Of The Road
- Plan B
- For The Winter
- Raven's Rain
- Wolf
- Lost And Found
- Water
- Remember, Grasshopper . . .
- Snake Bite
- Love Poem
- Salutation
- Liberty
- Forgiveness
- Chime
- Feed
- Elixir
- September
- High Waters
- Hero Count
- Unlabeled
- Coffee Cup
- Simple Thing
- To Sleep
- The Kiss
- Weed
- Your Lips
- The Bag
- Foolishness
- The Novice
-
▼
September
(30)
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
11 comments:
I think that's where I am right now! Describes me perfectly!! Hope your weekend is going well, MZ!
Sylvia
Title is very apt, and the feeling of barely holding it together, unraveling to an indefinable state, subtly and well done. (And I also can relate.)
I can relate...I hope you are well MZ.
As I get older, I really kinda look forward to my 'unlabeling.'
The label may be missing, but whatever is inside you, girl, you're still full of it! ;-)
I desire to be unlabeled, the label I have around here is something I want to shed, very profound writing, this is amazing
Love the image of the brown bottle...
Oh I love the imagery and multiple meanings. Unlabled...nice!
Really nice. Coming apart in one sense, as well as removing labels- great combine, and love how it's set up Weathered, Old, Brown, Pretty- all labels- then glue giving way- unlabeled- excellent structure, thanks
stunning! ♥ d
Interesting metaphor!
Post a Comment