Safe in our darkness,
the hypnotic beat of your
heart lulls me to sleep.
For Haiku Heights
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(136)
-
▼
September
(30)
- Words
- Side Of The Road
- Plan B
- For The Winter
- Raven's Rain
- Wolf
- Lost And Found
- Water
- Remember, Grasshopper . . .
- Snake Bite
- Love Poem
- Salutation
- Liberty
- Forgiveness
- Chime
- Feed
- Elixir
- September
- High Waters
- Hero Count
- Unlabeled
- Coffee Cup
- Simple Thing
- To Sleep
- The Kiss
- Weed
- Your Lips
- The Bag
- Foolishness
- The Novice
-
▼
September
(30)
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
19 comments:
I like that sound... lulls me to sleep too~
Very beautiful words.... very similar to what I wrote today....
http://uncertainhorizon.blogspot.com/2011/09/beat-still.html
"our darkness"
Many layers of meaning in these two juxtaposed words...
Hypnotic Meadow
I like your haikus.
There, I said it.
sweet and dear.
I have this kind of connection with my husband..... sigh... but it is his snoring that lulls me to sleep! wuahahahahah
I love it! You always say it well! Rest well, have a great tomorrow!
Sylvia
You really captured something precious here...
It's like listening to the sea in a shell--hard to tell whose heart is beating sometimes.
i love this!
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Beauty.
sweet!!!!!!!
Reminds me of when my children were babies and fell asleep in my arms nursing.
That's why I like sleeping with my dh.
Nice haiku! I liked it:)
romantic :) zzzzzz...
Really nice. Very beautiful. I love the word choices in particular. Safe/darkness great contrast here, and then hypnotic/lulls. It's a beautiful write if taken as is, but deeper if you look at it as if it's a dangerous world and you have someone that can "shelter" you from the world outside, which is both a good and also a dangerous thing in it's own right. Excellent piece
One of the best...
Post a Comment