I had a heretic heart
cool and skeptic in my chest.
Prideful of its wildness,
it beat quick with testament.
Then one day I found my love
for madness less than pure -
my heretic heart was humbled
by a craving to be sure.
For Words Count at Real Toads
Thursday, September 7, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
14 comments:
How our heretic hearts are humbled by the arrival of love...........wonderfully done, Kelli.
"prideful of its wildness" what a great description!
Well structured awakening
A heretic heart learning to be humble - it's hard to break a love for madness.
"prideful of its wildness".. sigh.. such a powerful description!
Clever directional turn that left me feeling somewhat sad for the heretical you.
Relax you are not alone! Win some lose some that the way the world is.
MZ--It sounds like you channeled Emily Dickinson to write this.
Nice!!! and thanks for this lovely prompt
much love...
Madness less than pure... love that.
"Love tames the wild savage beast."
Nice prompt, M.Z. You did well with it. I like to read the prompter's take.
..
"Love tames the wild savage beast."
Nice prompt, M.Z. You did well with it. I like to read the prompter's take.
..
Wonderful phrases and concepts!
Clever, biting, but also so human. Thanks! k.
Post a Comment