Exactly WHY
can't I lock her
in her room until
she's 35
or I DIE,
whichever comes first?
Why CAN'T I tower
her away until
her hair is grey
and, like Rapunzel's,
tumbles
to the GROUND?
Let whichever prince
or princess
she's found (SOMEHOW!)
try to make that climb
- that careful hand over hand -
while I stand under her window,
wizened and weary,
but with my SCISSORS and tongue
still sharp.
For Izy's prompt at Real Toads
Anybody else having formatting problems. I cannot get this to format like I want it to.
Friday, December 2, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
14 comments:
Lovin' the protective Mama!
I so know the feeling. The most terrifying part of parenting is that as they get older, they can walk out the door and we can't protect them from what's out there. But we can sure try, for as long as possible.
Best get them used to the world from a young age.. a thick skin is better than a tower.
It's so hard to protect them! Love this.
Love your words and the close made me smile.
Kinders! Kinders! Love 'em! My eldest was 43 end of November. Jeez - how can I have a son that is 43? It doesn't make sense.
My youngest promised me he would stay forever seven when he was seven. He lied...
Kind regards
Anna :o]
Sometimes parents fear it most when they realize that children will do exactly the same they did themselves... but often it turns out alright in the end...
Oh Mama you do scare me for what is to come (my daughter is 8 now, but not quite at the place of this poem yet) -- stay fierce, stay strong -- indeed, sharp with tongue & scissors at the ready!
MZ--That daughter might turn your hair gray early, and she might make your face more wrinkled, but when she's in her mid to late 20s, she'll become your best friend.
I promise.
I love what you've done with this fairy tale. A future prompt, perhaps?
lUV a fairy tale, classic or updated.
You brought smiles to my face.
much love...
Oh, I wished the same when my girls were young. Heartbreak came for both of them, but it birthed incredibly strong women.
oh, this is shiny, shiny. I love the spin on Rapunzel. Your words, tongue, and scissors are at their sharpest here. Thanks for posting to the out of Standard!
I love Sioux's comment.
oy. i wonder if my boys would be at the tower... ~
Post a Comment