Peaches
and plums don't advertise -
why
should I
add my
voice to the soulless noise
that
drowns you
when I've
got the violence of my silence,
the rum
ripe of my flesh,
and the
stones to lose you easy
as I
found you?
For Poetry Pantry

26 comments:
Flawless. And SO fulfilling to read, again and again.
I have long thought you had stones! The power is this is amazing and the piece is empowering to read.
OH yes...I love those stones! So empowering!
That last verse is stellar! Well, really, the whole thing is...
Ah, indeed no reason to at all......
Smiles.
I have always thought silence is violence.. So of course
Love the flawless touch to this piece :D
Wishing you a joyous new year :D
Ouch! Just kidding... it was awesome in its poetic flavor :-)
ZQ
And the strength of a lioness lurking just under the purr.......a powerhouse of a poem to blast the dust off the old year and turn us shining towards the new. It is starting off a wonderful year for poetry, kiddo!
Ah, a great start for the new year, MZ, and just as terrific as I knew it would be! Thank you!!
I especially adore the line breaks especially in stanzas 1 and 2. The last stanza is great - serious tone but with humor.
Happy New Year
Wow... you always find the perfect words to make your point..Slam!!
sometimes those stones can be quite telling and healing..
oh i love that opening,
"Peaches and plums don't advertise;
why should I"
This is a powerful and empowering treat - wonderfully put together and deliciously rendered!
Why should it when it is easy to find. Sometimes lots of normal events are easily missed when one is engrossed on other things.
Hank
like it
(http://imagtalks.blogspot.com/)
fabulous close ~
wow smashing!
Reading this short but powerful poem was amazing!
this is power.
silence can be consent, so this is where the violence is from..
Take that, party-lovers!
Loved the opening lines especially! A great read :)
Wish you a very happy new year :)
I like this. It comes from the heart of a strong, defiant woman. Yay.
Perfect, every word, especially the plum/rum thing.
I would like to preserve her spirit in a jar - like the finest sugary (but not too sweet) jam - perfect!
Post a Comment