Blog Archive

Friday, January 29, 2016

Legs

Legs dangle
in the water

pale petals
of flowers

rooted
to the dock

where the boys are

For Victoria's imagism prompt at dVerse

15 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh, I can see this. Takes me back to summer days when I was twelve or thirteen.

Buddah Moskowitz said...

Very visual -I see the camera focused first on the legs and then zooming out to reveal their owner, the dock, and the boys. Cinematic.

brudberg said...

This is like an overture... Before when we kept distance... Really more words would be too much.

Fireblossom said...

Connie Francis? Is that you? I can just see it.

Victoria said...

That last line brought a big smile to my face. Very nice imagery.

Sylvia K said...

Ah, perfect and did make my morning -- as always, MZ!! Have a beautiful weekend!!

Mary said...

Oh, a blast from the past. Those teen aged years.

Unknown said...

Oh, this is perfect! I love your description of the legs - so beautiful and delicate, and then I was brought back to adolescence with a bit of a bump with your "rooted / to the dock / where the boys are". I miss those days a little bit. ;)

grapeling said...

perfect ~

Sumana Roy said...

sweet :)

Anonymous said...

I can just picture those girls .... and I bet they're giggling too

Bodhirose said...

What memories this brought back because wherever there were boys there would be girls...just hangin'.

Katie Mia Frederick said...

ALLuRe oF innocence
pInk petaLed
floWers now
oF yoUth
aLiVe..
never
gro
WinG
cOlder
spiRit
floWinG
FreEr NOw..:)

Outlawyer said...

Lovely, MZ. k.

De Jackson said...

"pale petals of flowers"
is perfection. Waiting to bloom, waiting to be admired.

About Me

My photo
Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor