I walked circles
sacred and profane
under a full moon
sacred and profane
and I told you things
sacred and profane
as all of me
gathered
to push.
For Midweek Motif at Poets United
Wednesday, July 8, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
28 comments:
The fear, agony of night put beautifully.
melodious almost like a song or a chant, loved it!
The fear, agony of night put beautifully.
Happy birthday!
OMG ... this is the best "giving birth" poem ever!
This is so beautiful!
I am particularly fond of the phrase 'sacred and profane'. You have really worked it here!
Ah! Yes! Yes! Yes, so beautiful indeed -- as always!!
Feels like birth! what else is more body and spirit? The birth of a child, of a love, of a land, a day, a poem.
Sacred and profane....and everything in between. A fantastically tight write, as always Mama Zen!
Love where you took this MZ--we all need to push sometimes
Vintage MZ poetry, girl.
Wonderful play of words!
A poem I read and then read again to appreciate!
Nice one, MZ.
"as all of me / gathered / to push."...we need to do that to reach the goal...whatever it is, (specially if it is a dream)...i love the image of 'full moon'...
I would imagine giving birth is both sacred and profane...vividly and wisely written
This is one awesome ode to giving birth at night
Much love...
This is one awesome ode to giving birth at night
Much love...
Intense and powerful picture, well done.
The repeated line gently shifts meaning ... maybe from sacred to profane...
Great!
Very powerful write! I was born at night. I wonder if this is how my mother felt.
I think you caught it just right.
and now do they push back ? :) ~
I remember this well...
Excellent write.
Anna :o]
gritty ditty i can feel and appreciate
MZ I laughed - childbirth is both isnt it? You make it seem so easy (lol)
Loved it! You have captured skilfully that magic experience...
Post a Comment