Blog Archive

Friday, November 7, 2014

Id Witch

image by Mark Byzewski

My id witch rubs against the rocks
and leaves them smooth and wet with longing.
She works at night -
eroding me sure as sunrise

till some small thing that I've buried
in a hurried cat scratch hole
has a cathedral to call home.
I grow

more hollow all the time. 

A rough draft for Hannah's Antelope Canyon prompt at Real Toads.

17 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Whoa! this is fantastic!

Vandana Sharma said...

withch's various spells!!

Gail said...

more hollow...yet beautiful

Kerry O'Connor said...

Such striking images here - the id witch, the hollowness, small things buried.

Grandmother Mary said...

Sensual images and layered descriptives here.

brudberg said...

The growth of hollowness is a wonderful observation of the canyon's soul.

Hannah said...

Love the last three lines and the entirety, Mama Zen! Thank you SO much for joining the challenge today! :)

Wolfsrosebud said...

interesting take on the prompt... very busy little thing she is

Stacy M.S. said...

the last line just made the whole thing brilliant. i love how you pull these witty little poems so well!! :)

Anonymous said...

a cathedral to call home.
I grow
more hollow all the time...

Oh, that resonates with me... wow

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

wow ~



and I keep getting behind that damn spammer. he's on a lot of blogger blogs.

Out of Sight L said...

Wow yes you always leave your mark mama Zen and take my breath away, I wonder what your anonymous writer would think if he knew I were Canadian, worse from Quebec Oh lala

Out of Sight L said...

oh and I love the image wow

Ella said...

You haunt it good, MZ! YOU have conjured up nature's spell-I see smoke signals!

Susie Clevenger said...

Such echoes of melancholy....beautifully written

peach blossom moth said...

This is exceptional writing. I am particularly drawn to the first two lines, and this: "in a hurried cat scratch hole." Superb sound throughout.

About Me

My photo
Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor